Mark I – discover collection
Inspired by the classic and radically innovative elliptical dashboard of the Mark I & II Minis, the Mark I watch is a tribute to one of the most characteristic elements of the little iconic car. Being the very first Mini to ever hit the pavement on a larger scale, the Mark I has in many ways become synonomous with the joyful 60′s, and was a favorite among both celebrities and the common public. The design and center placement of the dashboard in the car is also shrouded with stories and was rumoured to be designed so that the co-driver could more easily keep an eye on it.
Therefore we have transferred the elliptical shape of the dashboard to the Mark I watch design, where it encircles the two subdials – providing a “dashboard within the watch”. The remaining dial is purely made from recycled Mini metal, and will often feature very distinct imperfections, providing an altogether unique feel to the watch. Meanwhile, the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) of the recycled Mini is provided on the backcase of the watch, and is accompanied by a certificate of authenticity.
The technical specifications of the watch includes:
- Handcrafted recycled metal dial
- Matte and Shine Stainless steel case (IPB Stainless steel case for black cases)
- OS21 Miyota movement with 24H indicator, 60-minute chronograph and date
- Approximately 3 year battery life on movement
- Mineral Glass
- Interchangeable strap system, comes with both “classic look” leather strap and “sporty” nylon strap.
- 5 ATM (50m) water resistance.